- adj. 青翠的；翠绿的；没有经验的；不老练的
- n. (Verdant)人名；(法)韦尔当
- verdant (adj.)
- 1580s, "green in color; green with vegetation," from Middle French virdeant "becoming green," present participle of Old French verdeiier "become green," from Vulgar Latin *viridiare "grow green, make green," from Latin viridis "green" (see verdure). Related: Verdantly; verdancy.
- 1. On all sides , verdant sunset - bathed hills greet the eye.
- 2. There is a verdant lawn in front of the dormitory.
- 3. The garden is covered with verdant grass.
- 4. The chaplain relished the privacy and isolation of his verdant surroundings.
- 5. The forests outside Moscow were quiet, fresh and verdant in June 1971.
- 一九七一年的七月,莫斯科郊外的树林安静怡人, 空气清新,一片青翠.
[ verdant 造句 ]