CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- scientist (n.)
- 1834, a hybrid coined from Latin scientia (see science) by the Rev. William Whewell (1794-1866), English polymath, by analogy with artist, in the same paragraph in which he coined physicist (q.v.).
- 1. I admired him as a true scientist and hard worker.
- 2. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a rock record.
- 3. He is routinely described as the greatest scientist since Einstein.
- 4. the cartoon figure of the mad scientist working in his laboratory
- 5. The scientist could not calculate when the spaceship would reach the Jupiter.
[ scientist 造句 ]