- n. 淡紫色；苯胺紫；淡紫色染料
- adj. 淡紫色的
- n. (Mauve)人名；(德、荷)毛弗；(法)莫夫
1. mallow => *mauow => *mauou => *mauu => *mauv => mauve.
- mauve:  Etymologically, mauve is the colour of the ‘mallow’ flower. The word was borrowed from French mauve, whose original meaning was ‘mallow’, and which was descended from Latin malva ‘mallow’. English took over malva in the Old English period as mealuwe, which has become modern English mallow. And Greek molókhē ‘mallow’, a probable relative of malva, is the ultimate source of English malachite .
=> malachite, mallow
- mauve (n.)
- purple dye, 1859, from French mauve, from Old French mauve "mallow" (13c.), from Latin malva "mallow;" the dye so called from the color of the mallow plant. Related: Mauvish.
- 1. All shades of mauve, lilac, lavender and purple were fashionable.
- 2. It bears clusters of mauve flowers in early summer.
- 3. If you shut it in glass, it would turn the glass mauve or violet.
- 如果你把它装在玻璃容器里, 它会把玻璃变成紫红色或淡紫色.
- 4. Pamela Tudsbury clattered away at a typewriter, in her mauve evening dress and fancy hairdo.
- 5. I'm not sure black Is your colour , Capitaine. You could try mauve.
- 我觉得你穿黑色不好看,上校, 你该试试淡紫色.
[ mauve 造句 ]