CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
1、over- "above, beyond" + due.
2、含义：beyond the due date.
- overdue (adj.)
- "past the due date," 1845 of bills, 1890 of library books, 1970 of menstrual periods, from over- + due (adj.).
- 1. I'll go home and pay an overdue visit to my mother.
- 2. The plane is overdue and has been delayed by the bad weather.
- 3. His rent payment is overdue.
- 4. Teachers have joined a strike aimed at forcing the government to pay overdue salaries and allowances.
- 5. The two sisters apparently bashed each other up when their long overdue reconciliation turned sour.
[ overdue 造句 ]