- n. （基督受难的）十字架；基督受难像；（英）路德（长度和面积单位）
- n. (Rood)人名；(英)鲁德
1. door <===> rood: 门上挂着十字架。
2. rod <====> rood.
来自中古英语 rood,来自古英语 rod,杆，柱，绞刑架，受难十字架，来自 Proto-Germanic*rodo, 杆，柱，来自 PIE*rot,杆，柱。可能与 rod 同源。
- rood: see rod
- rood (n.)
- Old English rod "pole," varying from 6 to 8 yards; also "cross," especially that upon which Christ suffered; "crucifix," especially a large one; also a measure of land, properly 40 square poles or perches, from Proto-Germanic *rod- (cognates: Old Saxon ruoda "stake, pile, cross," Old Frisian rode, Middle Dutch roede, Old High German ruota, German Rute "rod"), from PIE *ret- "post" (cognates: Latin ratis "raft," retae "trees standing on the bank of a stream;" Old Church Slavonic ratiste "spear, staff;" Lithuanian rekles "scaffolding"). Probably not connected with rod.
- 1. Not a rood remained to him.
- 2. My cousins and I live under the same rood.
- 3. Traffic has been a lot smoother since the rood was broadened.
- 4. By the Rood, steward , death is but an inch distant from thee.
- 这句意思是说:仆役(盖), 我敢肯定你现在与死亡近在咫尺.
- 5. He glutted himself with rich rood.
[ rood 造句 ]