- n. 术士；魔术师
- n. (Warlock)人名；(英)沃洛克
- warlock: [OE] Etymologically, a warlock is a ‘liar on oath’, and hence a ‘traitor’ or ‘deceiver’. Indeed, the word originally meant ‘traitor’ in English. It soon broadened out into a general term of abuse, and it was also used as an epithet for the ‘Devil’, but the modern sense ‘evil sorcerer’ did not emerge until the 14th century. It started life as a compound noun formed from wǣr ‘faith, pledge’ (a relative of English very and German wahr ‘true’) and -loga ‘liar’ (a derivative of lēogan, the ancestor of modern English lie).
=> lie, very
- warlock (n.)
- Old English wærloga "traitor, liar, enemy, devil," from wær "faith, fidelity; a compact, agreement, covenant," from Proto-Germanic *wera- (cognates: Old High German wara "truth," Old Norse varar "solemn promise, vow"), from PIE *were-o- "true, trustworthy" (see very, also Varangian). Second element is an agent noun related to leogan "to lie" (see lie (v.1); and compare Old English wordloga "deceiver, liar").
Original primary sense seems to have been "oath-breaker;" given special application to the devil (c. 1000), but also used of giants and cannibals. Meaning "one in league with the devil" is recorded from c. 1300. Ending in -ck (1680s) and meaning "male equivalent of a witch" (1560s) are from Scottish. Related: Warlockery.
- 1. I served in the U.S. World of Warcraft, Warlock also practiced.
- 我在美服玩魔兽, 练的也是术士.
- 2. Warlock warp throw recharge time increased to 45 seconds.
- 3. Nightfall: This ability can now trigger while the Warlock is sitting.
- 夜幕: 现在术士坐着时可以触发.
- 4. Warlock and Hunter pets will now be automatically dismissed when you untalent.
- 5. Nether Protection: This ability can now trigger while the Warlock is sitting.
- 虚空防护: 现在术士坐着时可以触发.
[ warlock 造句 ]