CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. Considerable time
2. You are very considerable. 实际指的是老外很胖.
3. You are as fat as a pig. 老外实际不觉得猪胖。
4. as fat as an elephant 胖的像大象.
- considerable (adj.)
- mid-15c., "capable of being considered," from Medieval Latin considerabilis "worthy to be considered," from Latin considerare (see consider). Meaning "pretty large" is from 1640s (implied in considerably).
CONSIDERABLE. This word is still frequently used in the manner out by Dr. Witherspoon in the following remark: "He is considerable of a surveyor; considerable of it may found in the country. This manner of speaking in the northern parts." [Pickering, 1816]
- 1. He brought to the job not just considerable experience but passionate enthusiasm.
- 2. Shares and bonds can bring one quite a considerable additional income.
- 3. What'simpressed me has been his considerable firmness of purpose.
- 4. He's shown considerable delicacy and tact in feeling the public mood.
- 5. Quite a considerable number of interviews are going on.
[ considerable 造句 ]