1、vertere => verte- + -bra(工具格后缀：instrumental suffix).
2、字面含义：something to turn on. => any bone of the spinal column, joint or articulation of the body, joint of the spine.
3、vertebra => vertebr- / vertebro-: vertebra.
- vertebra:  A vertebra is etymologically a bony pivot, a bone on which other bones ‘turn’. The word’s Latin source, vertebra, was derived from the verb vertere ‘turn’ (source also of English verse, version, etc).
- vertebra (n.)
- "bone of the spine," early 15c., from Latin vertebra "joint or articulation of the body, joint of the spine" (plural vertebræ), perhaps from vertere "to turn" (see versus) + instrumental suffix -bra. The notion would be the spine as the "hinge" of the body.
- 1. There is still pain at bottom vertebra of the buttock!
- 2. Objective To develop an intermittent type treatment instrument for cervical vertebra.
- 3. Thoracolumbar kyphoscoliosis occurred in only 1 patient because a posterolateral quadrant vertebra.
- 4. Nape needle can obviously ameliorate blood supply of vertebra basilar artery.
- 5. After becoming operation of vertebra artery support what should oneself notice?
[ vertebra 造句 ]