- vi. 流产；堕胎；夭折；发育不全
- vt. 使流产；使中止
- n. 中止计划
CET6 TEM8 IELTS TOEFL
前缀ab-, 离开，非。词根ori, 升起,同origin. -t, 过去分词格。指没有正常出生的，即流产。
- abort: see origin
- abort (v.)
- 1570s, "to miscarry," from Latin abortus, past participle of aboriri "to miscarry" (see abortive); 1610s as "to deliberately terminate" anything, but especially a pregnancy, which seems to be the literal sense. Transitive meaning "to cause a woman to miscarry" is recorded from 1933. Related: Aborted; aborting.
- 1. The decision was made to abort the mission.
- 2. The doctor had to abort the baby.
- 3. The captain instructed them to abort the mission.
- 4. Frequently the basal ovule, which is the last one to be fertilized would abort.
- 5. The airmen were under orders to abort their mission if on - board equipment showed the slightest glitch.
[ abort 造句 ]