CET6 TEM8 IELTS GRE
- portfolio: see port
- portfolio (n.)
- 1722, porto folio; 1719 as port folio, from Italian portafoglio "a case for carrying loose papers," from porta, imperative of portare "to carry" (see port (n.1)) + foglio "sheet, leaf," from Latin folium (see folio). Meaning "official documents of a state department" is from 1835. A minister without portfolio is one not in charge of a particular department. Meaning "collection of securities held" is from 1930; portfolio investment is from 1955.
- 1. He was appointed government leader in the senate, and minister without portfolio.
- 2. Each client's portfolio is tailor-made.
- 3. My stockbroker manages my portfolio for me.
- 4. He resigned his portfolio.
- 5. He has held the defence portfolio since the first free elections in 1990.
[ portfolio 造句 ]