CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- synthetic (adj.)
- 1690s, as a term in logic, "deductive," from French synthétique (17c.) and directly from Modern Latin syntheticus, from Greek synthetikos "skilled in putting together, constructive," from synthetos "put together, constructed, compounded," past participle of syntithenai "to put together" (see synthesis). From 1874 in reference to products or materials made artificially by chemical synthesis; hence "artificial" (1930). As a noun, "synthetic material," from 1934. Related: Synthetical (1620s in logic).
- 1. The jellies were topped with suspiciously synthetic blobs of cream.
- 2. Nylon is a synthetic; it is not from nature.
- 尼龙是一种合成纤维, 不是天然物质.
- 3. We felt the salesman's synthetic friendliness.
- 4. It's the synthetic diamond.
- 5. When the synthetic fabric is contrasted with the natural one, the difference is very apparent.
- 要是把合成纺织品和天然纺织品对比一下, 它们的差别就很明显了.
[ synthetic 造句 ]