来自PIE *bheudh, 醒悟，意识。词源同Bodhisattva, 菩萨。
- Buddha (n.)
- 1680s, from Pali, literally "awakened, enlightened," past participle of budh "to awake, know, perceive," related to Sanskrit bodhati "is awake, observes, understands" (see bode). Title given by his adherents to the man who taught this path, Siddhartha Gautama, also known to them as Sakyamuni "Sage of the Sakyas" (his family clan), who lived in northern India 5c. B.C.E.
- 1. Several women knelt down before the statue of Buddha and prayed.
- 2. He has kept the figure of Buddha for luck.
- 3. She kowtowed to Buddha.
- 4. They knelt before the image of the Buddha.
- 5. They knelt before the image of Buddha.
[ Buddha 造句 ]