- n. 蛇发女怪（希腊神话中的一个形象）；丑陋女人
- n. (Gorgon)人名；(法、罗)戈尔贡
- gorgon (n.)
- late 14c., in Greek legend, any of the three hideous sisters, with writhing serpents for hair, whose look turned beholders to stone, from Greek Gorgones (plural; singular Gorgo) "the grim ones," from gorgos "terrible, fierce, grim," of unknown origin. Transferred sense of "terrifyingly ugly person" is from 1520s. Their names were Medusa, Euryale, and Stheino, but when only one is mentioned, Medusa usually is meant. Slain by Perseus, her head was fixed on the aegis of Athena.
- 1. They would not be devoured by this gorgon of the East.
- 2. The Gorgon, Miss Springer, the games mistress came back to gave me a raspberry.
- 那个女妖魔, 即体育教师斯普林杰小姐又回来把我教训一通.
- 3. Perseus , favored by Minerva and Mercury, set out against the Gorgon.
- 4. She would like to use Gorgon fruit as she makes soups.
- 5. The Gorgon project is one of the world's largest proposed gas developments.
[ gorgon 造句 ]