CET6+ TEM4 GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1. sarc- + -astic (-ast + -ic).
2. literally "rend or tear flesh, strip off the flesh".
3. => biting a person with speaking harshly, bitterly, or derisively.
4. => sneer, jest, taunt, mockery.
- sarcastic (adj.)
- 1690s, from sarcasm, perhaps on the model of enthusiastic. Related: Sarcastical (1640s); sarcastically.
- 1. A sarcastic remark was on the tip of her tongue.
- 2. I squashed him with a sarcastic remark.
- 3. She has a sarcastic tongue.
- 4. He chopped in with a sarcastic remark.
- 5. When he came, he was silent and moody, and after a few sarcastic remarks he went away.
- 他来时默默无言,郁郁不乐, 冷嘲热讽一通之后就走了.
[ sarcastic 造句 ]