CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
- vocabulary (n.)
- 1530s, "list of words with explanations," from Medieval Latin vocabularium "a list of words," from Latin vocabulum "word, name, noun," from vocare "to name, call" (see voice (n.)). Meaning "range of words in the language of a person or group" is first attested 1753.
- 1. Love was a word he'd erased from his vocabulary since Susan's going.
- 2. His speech is immature, his vocabulary limited.
- 3. His vocabulary was sound and his grammar excellent.
- 4. Their vocabulary bristles fashionably with talk of federalism.
- 5. There is a vocabulary at the back of our English book.
[ vocabulary 造句 ]