- 1690s, capital of the Philippines, gave its name (with altered spelling) to manilla hemp (1814), original source of manilla paper (1832). Said to be from Tagalog may "there is" + nila "shrub of the indigo family," but this would not be a native word.
- 1. He touched the manila folder which Wainwright had put down.
- 2. The manila envelope was in Carolyn's stack, about a third of - the way down.
- 那牛皮纸信封是在卡洛琳的一摞东西中, 不过压在下面大约 三分之一 处.
来自英汉文学 - 廊桥遗梦
- 3. The base was just a smudge on the untouched hundred - mile coast of Manila Bay.
- 4. Manila became the resort of traders from China, Japan, Siasm, Cambodia and the Spice Islands.
- 马尼拉成为从中国 、 日本 、 暹罗 、 柬埔寨和香料群岛来的商人的常去之地.
- 5. Byron's eyes smarted; he had had no sleep since the departure from Manila.
- 拜伦感到两眼扎痛; 自从离开马尼拉以来,他还没睡过觉呢.
[ Manila 造句 ]