TEM4 IELTS GRE
1. syn- => syl- (同化) + lab- (label => lab-) + -us (Latin suffix) => syllabus.
3. syl- + lab- + us (我们) => 把和我们学生有关的教学事项全部列出来。
来自晚期拉丁语 syllabus,清单，目录，误读或误写自希腊语 sittybos,清单，目录，词源不详。 该错误发生的原因可能是编者认为该希腊词本身是一个错误，而正确的拼写应为 syllabe,集 中，聚集，词源同 syllable.并由该拉丁词引申词义摘要，提纲等。
- syllabus:  The word syllabus is the result of a misprint. It originated as Greek sittúbā ‘label, table of contents’, which was borrowed into Latin as sittyba. However, in an early printed edition of Cicero’s Letters to Atticus, in the 1470s, its accusative plural form sittybas was misprinted as syllabos. This was taken as representing a Greek súllabos, a supposed (but quite spurious) derivative of Greek sullambánein ‘gather together’ (source of English syllable), which was then relatinized to syllabus. Its earliest application to the ‘contents of a course of instruction’ appears to date from the late 18th century.
- syllabus (n.)
- 1650s, "table of contents of a series of lectures, etc.," from Late Latin syllabus "list," ultimately a misreading of Greek sittybos "parchment label, table of contents," of unknown origin. The misprint appeared in a 15c. edition of Cicero's "Ad Atticum" (see OED). Had it been a real word, the proper plural would be syllabi.
- 1. The school syllabus seems aimed at the lowest common denominator.
- 2. Have you got next year's syllabus?
- 你拿到明年的教学大纲了 吗 ?
- 3. We must try to diversify the syllabus to attract more students.
- 4. Justinian introduced a new syllabus.
- 5. I'm passing out the syllabus.
[ syllabus 造句 ]