- n. 花环
- vt. 戴花环
- n. (Garland)人名；(英、西、瑞典)加兰
1. 卡兰蒂(GARLAND)品牌: 在欧洲的意大利，卡兰蒂(GARLAND)意喻花环花冠，一直是精致优雅与浪漫时尚的化身。
来自PIE*wer, 转，弯，编织，词源同wreath, crown.
- garland (n.)
- c. 1300 (mid-13c. in Anglo-Latin), "wreath of flowers," also "crown of gold or silver," from Old French garlande "garland," probably from a Frankish frequentative form of *weron "adorn, bedeck," from *wiara-, *weara- "wire" (on the notion of "ornament of refined gold," properly "of twisted gold wire"), from Proto-Germanic *wira-, *wera-, suffixed form of PIE *wei- (1) "to turn, twist" (see wire (n.)). Compare Middle High German wieren "adorn, bedeck." The word is found in many forms in the Romanic language, such as Old Spanish guarlanda, French guirlande, Italian ghirlanda, Portuguese guirnalda.
- garland (v.)
- early 15c., "to make a garland;" 1590s, "to crown with a garland," from garland (n.). Related: Garlanded; garlanding.
- 1. Garland covered his mouth with his hand and belched discreetly.
- 2. Garland tried to appear casual, but he couldn't conquer his unease.
- 3. It was he who had cajoled Garland into doing the film.
- 4. She twined the flowers into a garland.
- 5. She wreathed flowers into a garland.
[ garland 造句 ]