英 [,suːpə'njuːm(ə)r(ə)rɪ; ,sjuː-]
- n. 定额以外的人；临时雇员；小配角
- adj. 多余的；后备的；临时雇用的
- supernumerary (adj.)
- "exceeding a stated number," c. 1600, from Late Latin supernumarius "excess, counted in over" (of soldiers added to a full legion), from Latin super numerum "beyond the number," from super "beyond, over" (see super-) + numerum, accusative of numerus "number" (see number (n.)). As a noun from 1630s.
- 1. When the placeman dies, the supernumerary steps into his shoes.
- 假如那小官死了, 那接替他的人就可以接替他的位置.
- 2. The supernumerary milkers of the lush green season had been dismissed.
- 3. Results: 62 ambushed supernumerary teeth were all extracted successfully under intravenous anesthesia.
- 结果: 62例埋伏多生牙均在静脉麻醉下顺利拔除.
- 4. Among them , supernumerary teeth and root dilacerations are two common local factors.
- 5. Conclusion: Intravenous anesthesia is good for extraction of embedded supernumerary teeth in children.
- 结论: 静脉麻醉可以使手术平稳实施,术后可以很快离院,有利于儿童埋伏牙的拔除.
[ supernumerary 造句 ]