- vt. 阻止；排除；取消抵押品赎回权
- vi. 取消抵押品赎回权
来自古法语forclos, 关在外面。for-, 外面，词源同foreign. clos,关闭，词源同close. 拼写受fore影响。后用于经济学名词。
- foreclose (v.)
- late 13c., from Old French forclos, past participle of forclore "exclude, shut out; shun; drive away" (12c.), from fors "out" (Modern French hors; from Latin foris "outside;" see foreign) + clore "to shut" (see close (v.)). Senses in English influenced by words in for- (which is partly synonymous with the Latin word) and spelling by a mistaken association with native fore-. Specific mortgage law sense is first attested 1728. Other Middle English for- words in which the same prefix figures include forjuggen "condemn, convict, banish;" forloinen "forsake, stray from," and forfeit. Related: Foreclosed; foreclosing.
- 1. The building society will be forced to foreclose.
- 2. They will foreclose our mortgage.
- 3. Did you foreclose on many families this week?
- 4. They tried to foreclose the possibility of his meeting with the chairman.
- 5. Inevitably, many lenders will foreclose on thehomeowner.
- 不可避免地, 许多贷款者会强行收回借款人的房产.
[ foreclose 造句 ]