CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
来自古英语 thaerfore,为了，因为，因此，来自 there,那里，fore,为了，来自 for 在古英语的 拼写变体。
- therefore (adv.)
- Old English þærfore; from there + fore, Old English and Middle English collateral form of for. Since c. 1800, therefor has been used in sense of "for that, by reason of that;" and therefore in sense of "in consequence of that." Similar formation in Dutch daarfoor, German dafür, Danish derfor.
- 1. The truth is that junk bonds were misnamed, and therefore misunderstood.
- 2. They had seen him trawling and therefore knew that there were fish.
- 3. Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound.--James Allen
- 4. He's only 17 and therefore not eligible to vote.
- 5. He lost his health, and therefore his difficulties increased.
- 他身体虚弱, 因此更增加了他的困难.
[ therefore 造句 ]