- seaworthy (adj.)
- 1807, "in fit condition to encounter heavy weather at sea," from sea + worthy. Related: Seaworthiness. Old English had særof "hardy at sea."
- 1. The ship was completely seaworthy.
- 2. The goods are to be packed in strong seaworthy wooden cases.
- 3. All well, I hope; all shipshape and seaworthy?'
- 我希望一切进展顺利, 万事俱备,只等出航. ”
来自英汉文学 - 金银岛
- 4. This one was a strong, seaworthy boat, and could stand a lot of wind.
- 这条船构造坚固, 适于航海, 经得起风浪.
- 5. They are seaworthy and can stand rough handling on the wharves?
[ seaworthy 造句 ]