- n. [园艺] 梨树；梨子
- n. (Pear)人名；(英)皮尔
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- pear (n.)
- Old English pere, peru "pear," common West Germanic (Middle Dutch, Middle Low German pere, Old High German pira, bira, Dutch peer), from Vulgar Latin *pera, variant of Latin pira, plural (taken for fem. singular) of pirum "pear," a loan word from an unknown source. It likely shares an origin with Greek apion "pear," apios "pear tree."
- 1. In gardens, cankers are most prominent on apples and pear trees.
- 2. Sweeten dishes sparingly with honey, or con-centrated apple or pear juice.
- 3. He feared his career had gone a bit pear-shaped.
- 4. Pear trees are grafted on quince rootstocks.
- 5. The pear is a delicious fruit and I like it very much.
[ pear 造句 ]