- vt. 逃避；规避；逃脱
- vi. 逃避；规避；逃脱
CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研
1. e- "out, away" + vad- + -e.
2. => go away, escape, escape by trickery.
e-, 向外。-vad, 走，词源同wade,invade.
- evade (v.)
- 1510s, "escape," from Middle French evader, from Latin evadere "to escape, get away," from assimilated form of ex- "away" (see ex-) + vadere "to go, walk" (see vamoose). Special sense of "escape by trickery" is from 1530s. Related: Evaded; evading.
- 1. They left their villages to evade being press-ganged into the army.
- 2. He tried to evade the embarrassing question.
- 3. Delegates accused them of trying to evade responsibility for the failures of the past five years.
- 4. He managed to evade capture because of the breakdown of a police computer.
- 5. The shooting happened while the man was trying to evade capture by the security forces.
[ evade 造句 ]