- marinate (v.)
- 1640s, from French mariner "to pickle in (sea) brine," from Old French marin (adj.) "of the sea," from Latin marinus (see marine (adj.)). Related: Marinated; marinating.
- 1. Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Put it in a screw-top jar with French dressing and leave to marinate.
- 3. Marinate the veal in white wine for two hours.
- 4. Wash drumstick, drain. Add seasoning to marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 先将鸡槌洗净沥乾, 然后加入调味料腌约15至20分钟.
- 5. Marinate minced beef with salt, corn flour, ground white pepper and oil.
- 将免治牛肉用幼盐 、 生粉 、 胡椒粉、油腌过备用.
[ marinate 造句 ]