- n. 火山岩浆；火山所喷出的熔岩
- n. (Lava)人名；(西、意)拉瓦
TEM4 GRE TOEFL
- lava (n.)
- 1750, from Italian (Neapolitan or Calabrian dialect) lava "torrent, stream," traditionally from Latin lavare "to wash" (see lave). Originally applied in Italian to flash flood rivulets after downpours, then to streams of molten rock from Vesuvius. Alternative etymology is from Latin labes "a fall," from labi "to fall." Lava lamp is attested from 1965, also lava light (reg. U.S., 1968, as Lava Lite).
- 1. The ground had opened to disgorge a boiling stream of molten lava.
- 2. The city was entombed in volcanic lava.
- 3. Lava is extruded from the volcano.
- 4. The lava flowed down the sides of the volcano.
- 5. Lava boiled up from the crater of the volcano.
[ lava 造句 ]