- spasmodic (adj.)
- 1680s, from French spasmodique, from Medieval Latin spasmodicus, from Greek spasmodes "of the nature of a spasm," from spasmos (see spasm) + -odes "like" (see -oid). Related: Spasmodically.
- 1. There was spasmodic fighting in the area yesterday.
- 2. He managed to stifle the spasmodic sobs of panic rising in his throat.
- 3. My husband's work was so spasmodic.
- 4. He appeared to be in a spasmodic sort of hurry.
- 5. It lifted to a spasmodic sneeze and ended.
[ spasmodic 造句 ]