- U.S. college named for John Harvard (1607-1638), Puritan immigrant minister who bequeathed half his estate and 260 books to the yet-unorganized college that had been ordered by the Massachusetts colonial government. The surname is cognate with Hereward, Old English hereweard, literally "army guard."
- 1. I came into contact with very bright Harvard and Yale students.
- 2. He was a professor of criminal law at Harvard University law school.
- 3. Harvard won by four lengths.
- 4. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard.
- 5. The campus of Harvard University is very beautiful.
[ Harvard 造句 ]