- n. 轻巡洋舰；轻武装快舰
- n. (Corvette)人名；(法)科尔韦特
可能来自拉丁词corbis, 篮子，来自PIE*sker, 转，编织，词源同crown, cradle. -ette, 小词后缀。词义由篮子引申为船，最后指战舰，小型护卫舰。
- corvette (n.)
- 1630s, also corvet, from French corvette "small, fast frigate" (15c.), perhaps from Middle Dutch korver "pursuit ship," or Middle Low German korf meaning both a kind of boat and a basket, or from Latin corbita (navis) "slow-sailing ship of burden, grain ship" from corbis "basket" (Gamillscheg is against this). The U.S. sports car was so named September 1952, after the warship, on a suggestion by Myron Scott, employee of Campbell-Ewald, Chevrolet's advertising agency. Italian corvetta, Spanish corbeta are French loan-words.
- 1. She still drives her trusty black Corvette.
- 2. Lucy's distress call was heard by the corvette.
- 3. He drove home in his prize, a brand - new, shine white Corvette!
- 他开走了他的奖品, 一辆崭新发亮的白色科维特牌轿车!
- 4. Corvette: Fast naval vessel smaller than a frigate.
- 小型巡防舰: 小型快速海军船只,比中型巡防舰低一个等级.
- 5. We knocked about in a new Corvette.
[ corvette 造句 ]