CET6 TEM4 IELTS 考 研
1. mend: 妈妈在临终前还在帮我们缝补.
2. recommend => commend.
com-, 强调。-mend, 手，操纵，委托，词源同manual, mandate. 原指托付给别人，称赞。
- commend (v.)
- mid-14c., comenden, from Latin commendare "to commit to the care or keeping (of someone), to entrust to; to commit to writing;" hence "to set off, render agreeable, praise," from com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + mandare "to commit to one's charge" (see mandate (n.)). In some senses, a shortening of recommend. Related: Commended; commending.
- 1. I commend Ms. Orth on writing such an informative article.
- 2. The Prime Minister's initiative has much to commend it.
- 3. I can commend it to him as a realistic course of action.
- 4. Both readers commend Knutson for his scrupulous attention to detail.
- 5. His ideas do not commend themselves to me.
[ commend 造句 ]