- n. 凭借，手段；度假胜地；常去之地
- vi. 求助，诉诸；常去；采取某手段或方法
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
2. sortie => resort.
3. "that to which one has recourse for aid or assistance," literally "to go out again".
4. recourse <====> resort.
来自古法语 resort,资源，求助，援助，来自 re-,往回，再，sortir,出去，起来，来自（缩写自） 拉丁语 surrectus,起来的，来自 sur-,向上，-rect,竖直，拉直，词源同 erect,correct,surge.引申 词义度假区，度假胜地。比较 refreshment.
- resort (n.)
- late 14c., "that to which one has recourse for aid or assistance," from Old French resort "resource, a help, an aid, a remedy," back-formation from resortir "to resort," literally "to go out again," from re- "again" (see re-) + sortir "go out" (see sortie). Meaning "place people go for recreation" is first recorded 1754. Phrase in the last resort (1670s) translates French en dernier ressort, originally of legal appeals.
- resort (v.)
- c. 1400, "issue; come out again;" mid-15c., "to go to (someone) for aid," from Old French resortir, from resort (see resort (n.)). Related: Resorted; resorting.
- 1. For a beach resort with a difference, try Key West.
- 2. They would in the last resort support their friends whatever they did.
- 3. The resort is surrounded by extensive national and regional parklands.
- 4. Nudism, the council decided, was doing the resort more harm than good.
- 5. The town was Redcar, a seaside resort on the Cleveland coast.
[ resort 造句 ]