TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
1. PIE root *med- "to measure, limit, consider, advise, take appropriate measures" => meditate.
- meditate (v.)
- 1580s, "to ponder," back-formation from meditation, or else from Latin meditatus, past participle of meditari (see meditation). Related: Meditated; meditating.
- 1. That's when I try to meditate or do some deep-breathing exercises.
- 2. It is important to meditate on the meaning of life.
- 3. It was only to sit in his own rooms in a neighbouring hotel and meditate.
- 4. And by then Clyde had had considerable time to meditate on all of these youths.
- 5. I swear that I meditate no harm; I don't desire to cause any disturbance.
- 我发誓我不想害人; 我并不想引起任何乱子.
[ meditate 造句 ]