- n. 灰烬，余烬
- n. (Ember)人名；(德、西、罗、匈)恩贝尔
1. 美国电影：《City of Ember》：《微光城市, 灰烬之城》.
2. amber => ember (余烬(余火未尽的木块(或煤块))的颜色就很像琥珀色).
em, 来自PIE*ai, 燃烧，词源同ash, edifice. -b, 插入字母。-er, 来自拉丁文uro, 燃烧，词源同combust.
- ember: [OE] Ember goes back to a prehistoric Germanic *aimuzjōn, although it is possible that the modern English word represents a borrowing from the related Old Norse eimyrja rather than a direct line of descent from Old English ǣmyrge. The ember of Ember days , incidentally, ‘days following certain Christian festivals’, is a completely different word. It comes from Old English ymbryne ‘circuit’, literally ‘running round’, a compound formed from ymb ‘round’ and ryne ‘course, running’, a relative of modern English run. It was applied to these particular days of the Christian calendar because they ‘come round’ four times a year.
- ember (n.)
- "small, live coal," Old English æmerge "ember," merged with or influenced by Old Norse eimyrja, both from Proto-Germanic *aim-uzjon- "ashes" (cognates: Middle Low German emere, Old High German eimuria, German Ammern); a compound from *aima- "ashes" (from PIE root *ai- (2) "to burn;" see edifice) + *uzjo- "to burn" (from PIE root *eus- "to burn;" source also of Latin urere "to burn, singe"). The -b- is intrusive.
- 1. Sarah Long and Steve Ember tell about Doctor Seuss.
- 2. STEVE EMBER : Others praise hot soups prepared in their childhood homes.
- 史蒂夫·恩伯: 另有一些人则对他们小时候喝过的热汤赞叹不已.
- 3. And that's the VOA Special English Health Report. I'm Ember.
- 这是美国之音特别英语健康报告. 我史蒂夫恩贝尔.
- 4. Ember burning with reeds flaunted to the blue sky.
- 5. Steve Ember tells us more abot the second National Book Festival.
[ ember 造句 ]