CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
来自拉丁语 rigere,拉直，伸直，来自 PIE*reig,拉直，绑紧，使固定，词源同 rig,reach.引申诸 相关词义。
- rigid (adj.)
- early 15c., from Latin rigidus "hard, stiff, rough, severe," from rigere "be stiff," from PIE *reig- "stretch (tight), bind tightly, make fast" (cognates: Old Irish riag "torture," Middle High German ric "band, string"). Related: Rigidly.
- 1. She was a fairly rigid person who had strong religious views.
- 2. He balanced his budgets by rigid control over public expenditure.
- 3. Andrew went rigid when he saw a dog, any dog, anywhere.
- 4. Several colleges in our study have rigid rules about student conduct.
- 5. He had maintained a rigid diet, shedding some twenty pounds.
[ rigid 造句 ]