- German city, the -burg is German Burg "fort," in reference to the moated castle built there c. 825; the first element is perhaps Old High German hamma "ham, back of the knee" in a transferred sense of "bend, angle," with reference to its position on a river bend promontory; or Middle High German hamme "enclosed area of pastureland."
- 1. Horst, a German from Hamburg, was a true original.
- 2. At the age of sixteen he qualified for a place at the University of Hamburg.
- 3. Six hundred Viking boats attacked Hamburg , which was set on fire.
- 600艘海盗船袭击汉堡, 汉堡惨遭焚烧.
来自英汉非文学 - 文明史
- 4. Let me take two crucial instances, Hamburg and Berlin.
- 我要举两个关键的例子, 汉堡和柏林.
- 5. Berlin, the capital of the Reich, is four times the size of Hamburg.
- 柏林, 帝国的首都, 有四个汉堡那么大.
[ Hamburg 造句 ]