来自中古法语 sentinelle,来自拉丁语 sentinella,哨兵，可能来自拉丁语 sentire,感觉，听，看， 词源同 sense.
- sentinel (n.)
- 1570s, from Middle French sentinelle (16c.), from Italian sentinella "a sentinel." OED says "No convincing etymology of the It. word has been proposed," but perhaps (via a notion of "perceive, watch"), from sentire "to hear," from Latin sentire "feel, perceive by the senses" (see sense (n.)).
- 1. a tall round tower standing sentinel over the river
- 2. We gave the watchword, and the sentinel let us pass.
- 我们说出口令, 哨兵就把我们放过去了.
- 3. The lone sentinel walked toward his post.
- 4. SENTINEL? Model 880 source projectors are portable, lightweight and compact industrial radiographic exposure devices.
- 进口工业网SENTINEL? 880型号激光投射器便携式设计 、 小巧轻盈,并具有紧凑的工业设计外壳.
- 5. A lady in full feather approached the sentinel on the sward.
[ sentinel 造句 ]