- n. 一页，页码；对开纸；对开本的书
- adj. 对开的，对折的
- vt. 编页码
- n. (Folio)人名；(西)福利奥
来自拉丁语folia, 叶子，词源同foliage. 进一步来自PIE*bhel, 鼓起，膨胀，词源同ball, blade. 原用来指生长的叶子，后指叶片，书页。
- folio: see foil
- folio (n.)
- mid-15c., from Late Latin folio "leaf or sheet of paper," from Latin folio, ablative of folium "leaf," from PIE *bhol-yo- "leaf" (cognates: Greek phyllon "leaf," Gaelic bile "leaflet, blossom"), suffixed form of root *bhel- (3) "to thrive, bloom," which is possibly from *bhel- (2) "to blow, inflate, swell" (see bole). Ablative of location, because this was used in page references. Meaning "volume of the largest size" first attested 1620s.
- 1. Richard told me of three 16th-century folio volumes on alchemy.
- 2. Ideal English language teacher creative arts students plan to study abroad - can also assist with folio preparation.
- 我是想出国留学的艺术学生的理想英文老师, - 也可以帮助folio准备.
- 3. The manuscript you sent us has a folio missing.
- 4. This book on literature has been brought out in folio.
- 5. English actor and an editor of the First Folio of Shakespeare's plays ( 1623 ).
- 赫明,约翰1556?-1630英国演员,是莎士比亚戏剧第一对开本的编辑者 ( 1623年 )
[ folio 造句 ]