- vt. 处理；处置；安排
- vi. 处理；安排；（能够）决定
- n. 处置；性情
TEM4 CET4 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
1. dis- "apart" + pos- + -e.
2. 含义：put things apart, put things to their different positions (directions), put in order, arrange, distribute.
dis-, 分开，散开。-pos, 放置，词源同pose, compose. 即有序布置，安排，引申词义处理。
- dispose: see position
- dispose (v.)
- late 14c., from Old French disposer (13c.) "arrange, order, control, regulate" (influenced in form by poser "to place"), from Latin disponere "put in order, arrange, distribute," from dis- "apart" (see dis-) + ponere "to put, place" (past participle positus; see position (n.)). Related: Disposed; disposing.
- 1. He alleged that they had hired an assassin to dispose of him.
- 2. They have no way to dispose of the hazardous waste they produce.
- 3. He doesn't know how to dispose of his spare time.
- 4. We will have to dispose of the mice in the attic.
- 5. The United States tried to dispose of its grain surpluses.
[ dispose 造句 ]