- n. [园艺] 菠萝；[园艺] 凤梨
- adj. 凤梨科的
CET6+ TEM4 TOEFL CET6
- pineapple (n.)
- late 14c., "pine cone," from pine (n.) + apple. The reference to the fruit of the tropical plant (from resemblance of shape) is first recorded 1660s, and pine cone emerged 1690s to replace pineapple in its original sense except in dialect. For "pine cone," Old English also used pinhnyte "pine nut."
- 1. It'sa drink made by steeping pineapple rind in water.
- 2. Halve the pineapple and scoop out the inside.
- 3. Choose a golden-orange-coloured pineapple with undamaged leaves.
- 4. a tin of pineapple chunks
- 5. We should quarter a pineapple.
[ pineapple 造句 ]