- n. 汇票；草稿；选派；（尤指房间、烟囱、炉子等供暖系统中的）（小股）气流
- vt. 起草；制定；征募
- vi. 拟稿；绘样；作草图
- adj. 初步画出或（写出）的；（设计、草图、提纲或版本）正在起草中的，草拟的；以草稿形式的；草图的
CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. draft is spelling variant of draught.
- draft (n.)
- c. 1500, spelling variant of draught (q.v.) to reflect change in pronunciation. Among the senses that have gone with this form of the word in American English, the meaning "rough copy of a writing" (something "drawn") is attested from 14c.; that of "preliminary sketch from which a final copy is made" is from 1520s; that of "flow of a current of air" is from c. 1770. Of beer from the 1830s, in reference to the method of "drawing" it from the cask. Sense in bank draft is from 1745. The meaning "a drawing off a group for special duty" is from 1703, in U.S. especially of military service; the verb in this sense first recorded 1714. Related: Drafted; drafting.
- 1. Officials have now been delegated to start work on a draft settlement.
- 2. When the first draft was completed, Nichols typed it up.
- 3. The money was payable by a draft drawn by the home.
- 4. Ten days later Carmen received a bank draft for a plane ticket.
- 5. You pay for the car by banker's draft in the local currency.
[ draft 造句 ]