- woodchuck (n.)
- 1670s, alteration (influenced by wood (n.)) of Cree (Algonquian) otchek or Ojibwa otchig, "marten," the name subsequently transferred to the groundhog.
- 1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck.
- 2. He shot a woodchuck and a grouse, and on the tenth day he shot a moose.
- 他打了一只山鼠和一只松鸡, 第十天还打了一头麋.
- 3. It would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could.
- 4. He'd chuck as much wood a woodchuck could chuck wood.
- 5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldchuckwood?
- 假如一只美洲旱獭能够扔掉木头,它可扔掉多少木头 呢 ?
[ woodchuck 造句 ]