- n. 躲闪；托词
- vt. 躲避，避开
- vi. 躲避，避开
- n. (Dodge)人名；(英)道奇
- n. 道奇（汽车品牌）
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE
- dodge (n.)
- "person's way of making a living," 1842, slang, from dodge (v.).
- dodge (v.)
- "to move to and fro" (especially in an effort to avoid something), 1560s, origin and sense evolution obscure, perhaps akin to Scottish dodd "to jog." Common from early 18c. in figurative sense of "to swindle, to play shifting tricks." Related: Dodged; dodging.
- 1. This was not just a tax dodge.
- 2. A dodge behind a tree kept her from being run over.
- 3. Shy film stars dodge cameras.
- 4. He made a sudden dodge aside.
- 5. The dodge was coopered by the police.
[ dodge 造句 ]