- n. 漫步；漫游；随笔
- vt. 漫步于…
- vi. 漫步；漫游；闲逛；漫谈；蔓延
TEM8 IELTS GRE CET6
1. r + amble => 在花丛中漫步。
2. 谐音“乱步”---- 散乱的步行，漫无目的地步行 ---- 漫步。
3. roam <===> ramble.
可能来自 roam,漫游，-le,表反复。插入字母 b,比较 number,numerate.引申诸相关词义。
- ramble (v.)
- mid-15c., perhaps frequentative of romen "to walk, go" (see roam), perhaps via romblen (late 14c.) "to ramble." The vowel change perhaps by influence of Middle Dutch rammelen, a derivative of rammen "copulate," "used of the night wanderings of the amorous cat" [Weekley]. Meaning "to talk or write incoherently" is from 1630s. Related: Rambled; rambling.
- ramble (n.)
- "a roving or wandering," 1650s, from ramble (v.).
- 1. This is the best season for a ramble in the suburbs.
- 2. It would have been best written in a more concise way as it does tend to ramble.
- 3. By the end of May he began to ramble.
- 4. We are alone together, and may ramble where we like.
- 现在就只有我们两个人在一起, 愿意逍遥到哪儿就到哪儿.
- 5. I won't ramble on about that.
[ ramble 造句 ]