- Cantonese (n.)
- 1816, from Canton, former transliteration of the name of the Chinese region now known in English as Guangzhou. The older form of the name is from the old British-run, Hong Kong-based Chinese postal system. As an adjective from 1840.
- 1. His family's Cantonese nickname for him translates as Never Sits Still.
- 2. My sister speaks Cantonese very fluently.
- 3. You'll get used to it after you've learned some Cantonese.
- 4. But I feel a little bit embarrassed talking with the local people who speak Cantonese.
- 5. Cantonese Chinese Sabbath School begins at 11:00 am in the Social Hall.
[ Cantonese 造句 ]