- adv. 斜放地
- adj. 斜放的（等于cater-cornered）
- catty-cornered (adj., adv.)
- 1838, earlier cater-cornered (1835, American English), from now-obsolete cater "to set or move diagonally" (1570s), from Middle French catre "four," from Latin quattuor (see four). Compare carrefour.
- 1. His mother was catty, status-conscious and loud.
- 2. a restaurant catty-corner from the theater
- 3. Eggs are sold by the catty.
- 4. They sold apples by catty.
- 5. Eggs are sold by the dozen in U.S.A., by the catty here.
- 在美国鸡蛋论打出售, 在这里则论斤.
[ catty-cornered 造句 ]