TEM4 GRE TOEFL
com-, 强调。-plic, 编织，组成，词源apply,implicate. 即卷进去的，同谋。
- complicity (n.)
- 1650s, from French complicité, from Old French complice "accomplice, comrade, companion" (14c.), from Late Latin complicem, accusative of complex "partner, confederate," from Latin complicare "to fold together" (see complicate; also compare accomplice).
- 1. to be guilty of complicity in the murder
- 2. She did not suspect him of complicity with the authorities.
- 3. He denied complicity in the murder.
- 4. She suspected him of complicity in Ashok's escape.
- 5. He is accused of complicity with the leader of the coup, former Colonel Gregorio Honasan.
[ complicity 造句 ]