CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
来自荷兰语 smokkelen,走私，偷运，来自 smuken,秘密行动，来自 Proto-Germanic*smeugana, 滑进，溜进，来自 PIE*smeug,滑动，词源同 smock,smug.
- smuggle: see smock
- smuggle (v.)
- "import or export secretly and contrary to law," 1680s, of Low German or Dutch origin (see smuggler). Related: Smuggled; smuggling.
- 1. Police have foiled an attempt to smuggle a bomb into Belfast airport.
- 2. Friends managed to smuggle him secretly out of the country.
- 3. Had it really been impossible to find someone who could smuggle out a letter?
- 4. We are occasionally able to smuggle a razor blade into a prisoner's cell.
- 5. At night I would smuggle him into my bed - place, and we would whisper together.
[ smuggle 造句 ]