- vt. 把…关进笼子里；限制；拘禁
- vi. 值勤警察在警车里打瞌睡
- n. 鸡笼；小屋；捕鱼篓
1. cup => coop.
2. 谐音“箍扑”，coop中间的两个字母o, 像不像紧紧地将人箍住。
来自拉丁词cupa, 小桶，酒桶，词源同cup. 因形似小桶而引申此词义。
- coop: see cup
- coop (n.)
- "small cage for poultry," mid-14c., from Old English cype, cypa "basket, cask," akin to Middle Dutch kupe, Swedish kupa, and all probably from Latin cupa "tub, cask," from PIE *keup- "hollow mound" (see cup (n.)).
- coop (v.)
- 1560s, from coop (n.). Related: Cooped; cooping.
- 1. Litter in the hen coop beds down if it is not raked.
- 2. The chickens have all fled from their coop.
- 3. The hen has flown away and the eggs in the coop are broken.
- 4. She graduates to senior stylist and then flies the coop to set up in a salon of her own.
- 5. Lionel built a coop so that they could raise chickens and have a supply of fresh eggs.
[ coop 造句 ]