来自拉丁语 remittere,松开，松懈，减轻，送走，来自 re-,向后，往回，mittere,送出，送走， 词源同 emit,remit.-ss,过去分词格。引申词义疏忽的，懈怠的。
- remiss (adj.)
- early 15c., "weak, dissolved," from Latin remissus "relaxed, languid; negligent," past participle of remittere "slacken, abate, let go" (see remit). Meaning "characterized by lack of strictness" is attested from mid-15c.; that of "characterized by negligence" is from mid-15c.
- 1. I would be remiss if I did not do some-thing about it.
- 2. It was remiss of them not to inform us of these changes sooner.
- 3. It was remiss of him to forget her birthday.
- 4. I would be remiss if I did not do something about it.
- 5. No policeman ought to be remiss in his duties.
[ remiss 造句 ]