- menopause (n.)
- 1852 (from 1845 as a French word in English), from French ménopause, from medical Latin menopausis, from Greek men (genitive menos) "month" (see moon (n.)) + pausis "a cessation, a pause," from pauein "to cause to cease" (see pause (n.)). Earlier it was change of life.
- 1. The male menopause is said to affect men who are approaching middle age.
- 2. Debate has raged around the possibility of male menopause for decades.
- 3. Menopause is a natural biological process, not a medical illness.
- 绝经是自然的生理过程, 并非医学疾病.
- 4. The China Medical Association prevents academic society menopause academic society member.
- 5. Male menopause is a lot moreo fun than female menopause.
[ menopause 造句 ]